Monday, August 18, 2008

el jefe mixes redux, Part 1


In May 1998 I took a trip out to New York to meet up with my friend Anthony. We started out in NYC for a couple days, passed through Saratoga Springs and Hector, to finally arrive in Mecklenburg, where Anthony was moving into a little farm house. Mecklenburg is almost directly in between Ithaca on Cayuga Lake and Watkins Glen on Seneca Lake. We set up the turntables and I recorded a mix tape. It was the only mix that I actually made copies of (maybe 30) and sold or gave away. People seemed to like it and I would hear stories about it for a years afterwards. Here it is in it's original cassette format. No playlist is available right now, but eventually (this could be an understatement) I will post it.

Download Side A
Download Side B

No comments: