Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sharon & Musarrat

This album is from 1981 and somehow involves famous Hindi music director Bappi Lahiri, who is said to have introduced disco to the Bollywood film industry. I think one of the vocalists is Sharon Prabhakar, who got her start in the industry with Lahiri. I read that Diwana Hai Ye Dil is a cover song, but don't know any details. The title track Chal Disco Chal is floating around, but I was drawn more to these two tracks. Recorded from the LP a while ago and I can't seem to find the album right now to get more info. It will turn up someday.

Download Diwana Hai Ye Dil
Download Maf Karo

Very Related: As I was flipping thru the bin I found Chal Disco Chal and Runa Laila's SuperRuna next to each other, obviously sold to the record store by the same person. SuperRuna also involved Bappi Lahiri.

Download Romance

No comments: